Are you bewildered by the seemingly endless number of apps available?
When I first got my iPad2, over three years ago I could not believe how many apps there were, and today there are even more to choose from.
How do you choose which apps to download?
- Who is going to be using your iPad? Just you, or is it for the kids too?
- Look at the free apps first. Some have paid for upgrades, but it makes sense to try the free version first.
- Look at the Top Charts for ideas. You can search by paid for apps, free apps and top grossing apps and then further refine your search by choosing all categories or limit your choice to specific categories, such as Education, Entertainment or Games.
- Read reviews of apps online, such as Ten Best Free Toddler iPad Apps, which gives in depth reviews of 10 free apps that have been tried and tested by a toddler.
- Do you have any hobbies that would benefit from an app, such as family history or photography?
- Don't limit yourself to iPad apps - some are only available for the iPhone but they will work on your iPad too.
- Talk to your friends and ask what their favourite apps are.
- Search for your favourite game or hobby and see if there are any apps available.