What I Bought Today And How Prices Compare
You can see what I bought on the photo above and hear a bit more about it on the video below.
How Much Did It All Cost?
- Bag of 10 seedless limes - 20 Baht ( €0.51 £0.44, $0.60)
- Robinsons Cordial 145 Baht ( €3.71 , £3.31, $4.36 )
- Birds Custard Powder - 117 Baht ( €2.99 , $3.52, $3.51)
- 4 Bread Rolls - 56 Baht ( €1.43, £1.30, $1.68 )
- Fry's Turkish Delight - 42 Baht ( €1.07, £0.98, $1.26)
- Breakfast Pork Thin Sausages 500g 120 Baht ( €3.07, £2.78, $3.61)
I tried to price these items up online to compare whether I got a good price. The limes were the same price in Big C in Pattaya yesterday and the Robinsons cordial was 149 Baht in Tops (Pattaya and Rayong) which saved me 4 Baht, and a 2 hour round trip by car.
As a comparison the cordial would cost around £1.50 and the Birds custard powder around £1 in the UK, but you expect to pay more for imported foodstuffs.